GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail

2 posters

Go down

G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail Empty G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail

Post by GHOSTMAN Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:32 am

I mixed my own corn, salt n oil concoction with the Code Blue sweet corn goop.
I did a similar mix last week but, this week I added oil to the mix.
I had a half gallon of the Code Blue left and added a gallon of oil, 4 family sized cans of corn and a large container of salt.

I put the corn in a large stew pot and added water as shown. I warmed the corn until the steam just showed and dumped the contents into a strainer then dumped the corn water into the jugs. I did this over and over until I had the 7 gallons filled.

The oil and water will separate from sitting but when I shake it up and spray it from the pump sprayer it will mix and stick to the loose hard corn and tree bark, stumps etc. It has a strong sweet buttered corn smell and I have 7 gallons of it.

I'll see how the other similar mix did when I check the cams today. I'm thinking of mixing the next batch of Code Blue corn cocktail with oil only if the pump sprayer will disperse it accordingly.

Here's the concoction being created.

G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail Stovetopcornboil
G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail CORNONTHESTOVE2
G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail CORNJUICEJUGS
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail Empty Re: G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail

Post by Bryce 21 Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:00 am

Looks good, What does it smell like while you are cooking it?
Bryce 21
Bryce 21
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail Empty Re: G mans sweet buttered corn n Code Blue corn cocktail

Post by GHOSTMAN Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:31 am

Bryce 21 wrote:Looks good, What does it smell like while you are cooking it?

I don't let it actually cook Bryce, I wait until I see it start to steam and pour off the water into a bowl and refill the cooking pot with water again and do the same routine until the bottles are filled with a bowl full of the juice.

The wife said it smelled like popcorn in the house when doing it. I know it's going to be an oily mess on the trees, logs etc. out there. The raccoons will look like greasy poe sams after wallowing in this stuff licking it up. That oil will leave a scent trail on them and have one cleaning the other and reek of sweet corn everywhere they roam! I kept the cooked corn to dump out there and spray it down too. No wasted product.
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down