GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rifles

+4
trailcamgal
Sodbuster
GHOSTMAN
Bryce 21
8 posters

Go down

Rifles Empty Rifles

Post by Bryce 21 Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:16 pm

How many of you can hunt deer with rifles? They are tryiing to pass that law here and I dont think it's such a good idea. Their are houses popping up around here quite a bit. We can use them up north but down here right now we can only use shotguns. Their are always a couple of slugs going through houses, and driving is a big thing around here and it's amazing where the slugs show up. So what do you think?
Bryce 21
Bryce 21
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Rifles Empty Re: Rifles

Post by GHOSTMAN Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:23 pm

Lots of land around here so I use my war trusty 300WSM for all varmints to insure the insurgents are removed in 1 shot.
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:35 pm

We can use rifles. Where I live it might as well be the city and nobody thinks twice about unloading a rifle. I have not fired a rifle in years because of all the houses and don't feel a slug would be any safer. I would love for my state to require a certain number of acres or a certain distance from houses to be able to gun hunt. If you have 5 acres you get a free land owner tag. I've seen 10 people gun hunting 60 acres and it amazes me more people don't get killed during gun season. If you see the show Chasin Tail, that's very similar to my hunting, except the houses around me are in the 200,000-350,000 dollar range and there are alot fewer deer.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by trailcamgal Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:08 pm

We can use rifles down here as well. Actually, mention shotgun hunting to the locals, and they look at you like you have lost your ever lovin mind!
trailcamgal
trailcamgal
Giant Typical

https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaSextonCrossposter?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Post by J.K. Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 am

Only thing we can use rifles for here is G-Hogs,Hogs, and predators.
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrtrailcam1 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 pm

I still love my rifles here,We have some long fields here.But some people have no idea whats behind what there shooting at I will agree.
mrtrailcam1
mrtrailcam1
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by garys Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 am

We use rifles here. Do some research on bullet travel. There have been several studies that show that rifle bullets actually travel less distance than slugs or muzzleloaders once they have hit something. Once a rifle bullets hits the ground it starts tumbling, it is going so fast that it literally falls apart while flying end over end such as with a ricochet. Slugs and muzzleloader bullets can skip forever, they are so big and so slow that they don't fall apart or rapidly lose their momentum like a rifle bullet will. So, yes, straight line, rifle bullets will travel farther, but on a ricochet, you are probably better off with a rifle.

garys
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:07 am

Around here shot guns would actually be preferred over a rifle if both were legal!! Like you said they can hit a little grass or twig and keep on plowing through!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down