GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gol darnit

4 posters

Go down

Gol darnit Empty Gol darnit

Post by Bryce 21 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Early this summer I caught a glimpse of what I thought would turn out pretty decent come this fall. I then moved my trail cameras to where I thought he would be feeding and living and could not get a pic of this buck to save my life. I sat a lot of nights on this ridge glassing and he came out on a different trail every night and really had no pattern. He had 3 shooters also living with him, and I could get them 2 on camera but never the big one. This year the farmer bought a crossbow and said I could hunt his land if I could help him out and this land is one of the best around so I was all for it. He went out and bought a trail camera and set them up with me no idea knowing and he called me the other day and asked me if I could check it for him since he had no idea on how to do it. I said sure and told him to give it to me on the way out of the deer stands Sunday night. Opening day was 2 weeks ago and I have sat pretty much every possible day I could in every tree stand I had set up and got 60 yards away from him but I did not feel comfortable taking the shot at that range. Then I got home and checked the trail camera card and was blown away. We can use 2 gallons of bait and that was the ticket. He had a bunch of picture of this buck and he or me could not believe it. Sunday night my dad got a text from his friend saying he just dropped a monster. He texted back a little bit after he said he shot it with a picture of him. My heart dropped when I saw the pic since it was the buck I was chasing, he's only hunting about a half a mile or so from where I seen the buck. This buck will be on some TV show my dad said and will be articles on him since he is a pro staffer for a couple of company's.
Gol darnit Pict1010
Gol darnit Pict1110
Gol darnit Img_0110
Bryce 21
Bryce 21
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Gol darnit Empty Re: Gol darnit

Post by Bryce 21 Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:26 pm

If any of you watch bow hunt or die this buck will be on their pretty soon.
Bryce 21
Bryce 21
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:27 pm

It's a shame you didn't get him, but maybe a bigger one will move in. If he was a dominate buck then him being gone may allow a whole bunch of new bucks to move in.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:52 pm

hey thats an awesome buck its a shame you didnt get a chance at him but atleast he was taken by another Legal hunter ! Not poached or lying beside the road dead after he was hit by a car!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by J.K. Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 pm

ray12 wrote:hey thats an awesome buck its a shame you didnt get a chance at him but atleast he was taken by another Legal hunter ! Not poached or lying beside the road dead after he was hit by a car!
X2
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum