GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trespasser locked my card

4 posters

Go down

Trespasser locked my card Empty Trespasser locked my card

Post by Sodbuster Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:30 am

The guy who took my 2 sd cards came back, found the only cam in that area, locked the card and put it back in. Didn't get a pic of him, so I'm thinking he may have come prepared with something to delete pics with. I don't believe he could've found this cam before his pic was taken. He doesn't try to hide the fact he was there for some reason. The cards were stolen on the weekend of youth season and this cam was messed with this last Sat, which was the first day of Alternative Weapon season. He only goes on half the land. We have more plots and cams on the other half, but for some reason he hasn't been over there. I believe it may be the guy across the street who I believe rents a mobile home with 10 acres. I think he may be ilegally baiting deer and not seeing any in the daylight and getting frustrated. There is no reason for the deer/turkey to go over there with any regularity, but tracks in the snow showed they are, plus a roadkill doe was laying in the ditch. Gonna set cams up high, with decoy cams and try to catch this fool. Idiots like this sure take the fun out of hunting and trailcams. Atleast he's not stealing the cams, stands, or blinds.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Trespasser locked my card Empty Re: Trespasser locked my card

Post by ray12 Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:13 am

People like that mess it up for everyone!! They take the fun out of it all!! Who wants to hang a camera or a tree stand and hope to god it doesn't get stolen!! I hope you catch whoever that is doing this !!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 am

Brother shot a hen the other day that came from our suspects land and it's throat was full of corn. Then in a strange twist of fate involving a wreck we talked to this guy and his brother. As soon as we started talking about trespassing and poaching problems, his brother shook his head and quickly walked away. Asked our suspect to call if he see's someone to call and he said he would hold them at gun point because it's his right (really?). Anyway since we have his name my sis-in-law was able to view his records and surprise, surprise a few years ago the guy was arrested for poaching. What was his punishment, a $20 fine (wonder why people poach). He also did jail time on a drug arrest and had an arrest for stalking a woman. Just an all around good guy. I'm sure his brother's record is no better. Don't know if they think we know to much and will trespass elsewhere, or think they've put one over on us and will continue trespassing. Regardless we have a trap set that will produce perfect pics of them stealing a camera.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by J.K. Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:30 pm

Hope ya get whoevers tresspassing. Nothing worse than a tresspassing thief Sad
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:30 pm

sounds like he is a bad apple !! hope you figure things out!! i hate when guys like that live next door!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NantucketShedHunter Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:28 am

Lock the door on the camera!
NantucketShedHunter
NantucketShedHunter
Giant Typical

http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:17 am

NantucketShedHunter wrote:Lock the door on the camera!
The cam with the locked card was a Micro 6, so as you know they don't lock without a lock box. The dummy cam (big old d40) is locked with a bright silver chain in the same place as the Micro 6 was, so it looks like we took precautions. I think if my cams were locked, then they would've been forced to steal the cams instead of the cards and locking the last one. I guess it comes down to you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:49 am

Thats a real pain in the butt ! let us know if he comes back !! I hope he steals the dummy camera and you get plenty of good videos or pictures of the guy!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down