GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally!

3 posters

Go down

Finally! Empty Finally!

Post by jody5353 Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Greetings, trail cam gurus... Well. Last Monday, (3-10) I decided to head for the woods to check/repair a few of my ground blinds. Also to try out the camera...  Very Happy  It took a lot of tinkering around to get it set up. I decided to go ahead and use a cable lock... When I asked the sales clerk at Cabella's if they had them, plenty of them, he said... Well. Long story short. the ends were to big to fit thru the back of camera! Mad  Guess good help is hard to find these days... So now I have to return them. I found out that you have to get a python cable lock... Next thing was to check the IR aim. seemed easy. Had trouble seeing the blinking red light out to 10yds. because it is so small. I sure hope that I have it set up correctly. I will be going back to check it next Mon., 3-24. I can hardly wait... Meanwhile, I set one up today. Here at home, by the bird feeders... I should of done this in the first place to get familiar with the camera!! Embarassed  Oh well. I am learning... J.
jody5353
jody5353
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Finally! Empty Re: Finally!

Post by Sodbuster Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Glad you got them up and running. Looking forward to hearing how they perform. When starting out I used the aim lights when setting up a cam, but once I got the hang of it I stopped using them. If I do anything, I'll walk by it once it's set and then view the pic in the field to make sure it's the view I want. Game cams certainly open up a whole new world. Good luck and hope you get some great pics!
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:59 pm

Awesome ! Glad you have them out in the woods taking pictures now ! I know I must have spent an hour and a half setting up my first camera haha ! I had to get everything perfect !! But now I can usually just step back and usually know if it's where I want it or not ! But every once in awhile I will walk past and pull the card and view it on my hand held camera ! That way I can see if the game will be centered in the picture or not! Be sure and post the pictures and have fun checking them ! It is a whole lot of fun ! And it can also be a useful tool for scouting !
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum