Camera settings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Camera settings

Post by jody5353 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Greetings. Wow, who knew there would be so many settings... Shocked  Geesh. All I want to do is take a pic, lol... On my Moultrie 550's I more or less set the camera with the recommended settings... The only thing I really do not understand yet is the Camera capture modes. Not sure which one to go with, so I just went with motion detect. (there was no recommended setting for this) The other two settings are time lapse and motion + time lapse?? I will try these at another time, when I am more familiar with the camera... What is a good setting for "delay count down" Not to sure what to set that at... Thanks for your input, J.
jody5353
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Re: Camera settings

Post by Sodbuster on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:16 pm

Time lapse takes pics during the day without anything triggering the cam and doesn't take any night pics. This setting is good for fields, but it eat's up your batteries. I've never even used this mode. The motion-time lapse mode will be time lapse during the day and then switch over to standard motion detect mode at night. I set my cams at the lowest settings 5 or 15 sec depending on the cam's lowest setting, unless I'm getting to many pics, then I'll set it to 30 sec or 1 min. I just use my cams for pics and nothing else.

Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Time lapse will take a picture every few seconds ! It's a good setting if you want to watch a huge field and see where the deer are coming out from the woods ! Then once you have figured out where there coming from you can move your cameras in closer !  And usually time lapse mode will not take pictures at night , it would be a waste of battery and allot of blank pictures but with the time lapse and motion detect mode  it can still take pictures during the night hours of animals !  Motion detect will be your best setting for getting good pictures ! For the delay setting it usually depends on the setup. When I have the camera on a trail the shortest delay setting is what I want so I do not Miss any deer activity! When the camera is over a food source with allot of action a minute or longer will be fine ! That way the sd card won't be filled up with pictures of the same doe ! And the battery's will last longer to!

~Galen~
ray12
Admin
Admin

http://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jody5353 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Greetings all. Well. I "think" I finally got my cams set-up right. I went out on Tuesday to get check my cam that I set out in my hunting area. Upon arriving at my cam, I noticed that it did not come on... Oh no, I thought. Dead batts.? Well, I did not have this one set correctly either. it was on time lapse (I think) and filled the card and shut down the cam... Not getting ANY night time pics! Lesson learned! Crying or Very sad I had over 12,000 of...?  you guessed it. Trees!!  Embarassed However, I did get pics of 2 different deer, YAY! Again, I'm learning, lol... Questions?? Do I need to get a card reader? I just downloaded pics from the cam. I have a slot on my laptop for cards, but I could not get it to do anything. Probably would be better to get a reader, I guess? What is firmware update, and when and how do I update firmware? Oh, by the way. My digital camera works great for viewing pics also... Glad I got that instead of a regular viewer.  Thanks, J.
jody5353
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Haha it happens ! Atleast you are figuring the cameras out ! Did you download the pictures to the computer or were you not able to do that? You said you could not get the sd card slot to do anything on your laptop! If that doesn't work at all you can get a card reader , I think those plug into your USB port , I had to do this with the old computer that we had , it's more of a hassle compared to sliding the sd card in and that's it but it's not a big deal ,, takes only a few seconds longer ! I never updated any firmware on my cameras but I'm sure the others have and can help you out on that ! And I'm glad the camera is working as a viewer for you !!

Galen

~Galen~
ray12
Admin
Admin

http://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jody5353 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Yes. I just downloaded it directly from the trail cam. However, won't do that every time. I will try a reader, just to see how it works... Not really worried about the firmware. Just was not sure if it was something that I had to do... Thanks for the input.
jody5353
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum