Wildgame IR Cam Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wildgame IR Cam Problem

Post by BogMountain on Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:27 pm

I have a couple of different Wildgame cameras that stopped taking IR pictures at night...SD card photo is black w/ no picture. Beautiful daytime pics but black night pics. They originally worked great. One is a Wildgame Model IR3D. Any experience or ideas on why this is happening to me. Cameras were good for one season and this problem developed at start of 2nd season. Batteries were removed and cams stored inside home during off-season. Thanks for any help you can provide with this.

BogMountain
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Re: Wildgame IR Cam Problem

Post by Sodbuster on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:55 pm

First thing to do is to take it into a dark room and see if the ir leds are working. If they're not working then it's now a daytime only cam. If they are working then it's a stuck filter. If it's stuck then we can probably get it unstuck.

I've had alot of problems and returns with Wgi cams, but I do have a D8 and two Micro 6's that have been going strong for 3 years.

Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Most of my IR trail cams will eventually take a few black night pictures, To me it sounds like a stuck filter

~Galen~
ray12
Admin
Admin

http://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NantucketShedHunter on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:39 am

If it were a stuck filter the camera would be taking pink day pictures. Sounds like the LED's are shot.

Covert Reveal
Ltl Acorn 521MM
119466C
D55IR
M-100
M-80XT STOLEN
M-80X
M-880
Covert Black 60
Wildgame W6E DEAD
Browning Recon Force
Spypoint Low Glow IR Extender

http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

http://nantucketwaterfrontnews.blogspot.com/
NantucketShedHunter
Giant Typical

http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster on Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:34 pm

NantucketShedHunter wrote:If it were a stuck filter the camera would be taking pink day pictures. Sounds like the LED's are shot.
It only takes pink day pics if it's stuck in night time mode. The filter switches twice a day. When stuck in the day position it takes black night pics. Had a Wgi Micro 6 that would alternate on which way it would stick. Got it unstuck and it hasn't had a problem since.

Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by BogMountain on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks a lot for the greatly appreciated responses...spending time at my deer hunting cabin so haven't been on line for a bit. I don't understand what the filter is or how to unstick it but surely would love to know. The LED's briefly glow when I walk in front of the camera in a dark room so they seem to be working. I also have a Moultrie D55IR that is now taking poor quality (grainy) night pics...is that also likely to be a filter problem? Takes great day pics...used to take beautiful night pics. Got some great close-up night video of a 9-point 215 pound (dressed weight) buck in 2010 and 2011 that I ended up taking on 12 November 2011. It is really nice to have video of the buck hanging on my wall working over a licking branch over a scrape. I was watching the video while eating breakfast and took him about two hours later...chased him for most of 2010 but didn't catch up with him.

BogMountain
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Don't know about your D55ir, except try different sd cards and make sure the batteries are good. Nantucketshedhunter has one and might have some better ideas. I had a Micro 6 that had a weak flash for 4-5 months then went back to normal one day. No idea what was wrong or how it fixed itself.

For the stuck filter you can give it a few wacks with your hand on all 4 edges. Sometimes that will unstick it. To unstick my Micro 6 I had to set the cam to day only and take a pic outside, then set it to night only and go into a dark room and take a pic. Then I set it back to 24hr mode, without turning it off took a day pic outside, then took a pic in a dark room. This unstuck it and hasn't stuck since. Don't know if your cam has those settings, but if they do try it and you may even need to go through the process a couple times. Had another guy do this and it fixed his black pics.

Sounds like a great hunt watching the vid and then taking the buck shortly after. Unfortunately I never have that kind of luck lol.

Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by BogMountain on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:04 am

Thanks a lot Sodbuster...I'll give it a try. If I knew how to attach the file of the buck video to this forum, I'd be happy to send it to you. Just heading back to my hunting cabin momentarily to spend several more days in there. It's an 8 mile drive off tar on an old logging road and the last mile is by ATV. I usually hunt all 4 weeks of the season and only encounter friends from a neighboring hunting cabin a mile away...I like it sparsely hunted. Happy hunting and thanks again!

BogMountain
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum