GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Average camera life

+3
mrtrailcam1
J.K.
huntinOH
7 posters

Go down

Average camera life Empty Average camera life

Post by huntinOH Sun May 06, 2012 4:33 pm

How long would you guys say that a trail camera will or should last? I hope i can get 3 years out of my s1.3x but i dont know is that to much to ask for or not?

i know the s1.3x is a cheapo Very Happy

How long do your trail cameras last

huntinOH
huntinOH
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Average camera life Empty Re: Average camera life

Post by J.K. Sun May 06, 2012 8:49 pm

I had an old wildview 0.3mp trail camera and it was 5 yrs old(not bad for $30), it would still b going but i took it apart Smile Other than that none of my cams are over a year old. And you could get 3 yrs out of it, I know a couple of people that have one that they got in 09 and it still works. So it is a possibility that it could go 3 yrs Very Happy Wink
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by huntinOH Mon May 07, 2012 9:34 am

K thanks.. Surprised
huntinOH
huntinOH
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by mrtrailcam1 Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:04 am

I have some that are 5-7 years old that still work,but some cam seem to make it 1 day past the warranty and a few just make it out of the package.It seems to be hit and miss.
mrtrailcam1
mrtrailcam1
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by scoot12 Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:50 am

My moultried d40 is going on four years, my stealth cam i890 three years, I had a wgir4 take a crap this year. My better cams are just over a year old and my new red 40 is a month old so we will see. I am anxious to see how long the reconyx goes. Scoot

scoot12
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesman Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:48 am

I have several Coverts and HCO SG 550's that are over 4 years old and still working.Have several Stealth I590's that are still working after 4 years.

The secret to getting long life out of any camera is to keep them working 24/7 every day and night of the year.I was told this by a Homebrew builder and it has worked for me.Usually if I have trouble with a camera it is within the first 6 month of the camera.After that they work untill they just plain wear out.
I must say that on avearge most of the cheaper cams like Stealth etc if you get 18 month from them you got your moneys worth.
Bluesman
Bluesman
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by scoot12 Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 am

Bluesman, I have the stealth cam i890 white flash which is similar to the i590, how do you like yours? mine has been a workhorse and takes great pics, slow trigger but the detection zone is great so it makes up for it. In my opinion one of the better stealth cams. Scoot

scoot12
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesman Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 am

I think they are the same camera just a different number.The last 3 I590s I ordered this is what I got.Think that number is right.
Anyway they are the best white flash cameras I have used in Commercial cameras.Yes they very slow but the flash range and pic quality is hard to beat.And the white flash don't scare none of my critters like the IR cams do.However they are battery hogsso running them with externals is a must.
Due to Stealth not having any customer service I have been replacing all my Stealths as they quit with the Covert MP6's.Operating cost around 7.00 a year using Duracells.Hoping Covert comes out with a good White Flash cam for this year.If they do I will be getting some of them along with more of the Red 40's.Now there is a camera I love.
Also been wanting to get the one that Uway came out with that takes color vids at night.Funds are just to slim to buy any cams right now but will have one as soon as I sell my next batch of Furs.LOL
Bluesman
Bluesman
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by GHOSTMAN Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:22 pm

mrtrailcam1 wrote:I have some that are 5-7 years old that still work,but some cam seem to make it 1 day past the warranty and a few just make it out of the package.It seems to be hit and miss.

X2 on your reply. Everything has a lifespan anyway. I run mine 24-7-365 like Blue's said. Their all home now since I had back surgery because I didn't want to baby sit them when I couldn't move and bounce around etc. My V2800 on my homebrew burnt after less than a year in the bush. Those are used flashes anyway so it's anybody's guess there.

I'm deploying the W220 and DXG 567V tomorrow at the hollowed out tree location and see what the "rock has cookin" there. It's been a year so we'll scope it out now.
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:46 pm

Bluesman wrote:I think they are the same camera just a different number.The last 3 I590s I ordered this is what I got.Think that number is right.
Anyway they are the best white flash cameras I have used in Commercial cameras.Yes they very slow but the flash range and pic quality is hard to beat.And the white flash don't scare none of my critters like the IR cams do.However they are battery hogsso running them with externals is a must.
Due to Stealth not having any customer service I have been replacing all my Stealths as they quit with the Covert MP6's.Operating cost around 7.00 a year using Duracells.Hoping Covert comes out with a good White Flash cam for this year.If they do I will be getting some of them along with more of the Red 40's.Now there is a camera I love.
Also been wanting to get the one that Uway came out with that takes color vids at night.Funds are just to slim to buy any cams right now but will have one as soon as I sell my next batch of Furs.LOL

Lol theres a ton of cameras out there and you never have enough money to get what ya want Smile But Fur money does help Wink
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Bluesman wrote:.Hoping Covert comes out with a good White Flash cam for this year.If they do I will be getting some of them

Heres a few sample pics from the 2013 Reveal 8.0 ( Looks like it has a bright flash! Almost to bright)

Average camera life Imag0014

Average camera life Imag0015

Average camera life Imag0016
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content