GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micro Homebrew build

5 posters

Go down

Micro Homebrew build Empty Micro Homebrew build

Post by michiganbowbender Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Wanted to see how small of a case I could possibly use and still fit all of the necessary components in. Picked up the pre-drilled camo case from Jim with the fresnal already installed and added the SSII board and P41 cam. I found with the camera lens so close to the HPWA fresnal that it was showing in the pictures taken. The simple solution would have been to crop the pictures but I'm not a believer in picture alterations of any kind, what you see is what you get.
I did a litte alteration inside of the case to reposition the camera, and added a 2 pc mount to the case.
There is no room for a security cable of any kind which wasn't my concern, I will rely on concealment to avoid detection from human eyes. Should work well in the crotch of a tree, under a limb, in a brush pile or in a multitide of other applications one might be clever enough to think of. I won't be doing a similar build with the camo shown but rather add my own 3D effect to a plain case and use a Sharpie to color the white fresnal.
Micro Homebrew build DSC00515
Micro Homebrew build DSC00517
Micro Homebrew build DSC00514
michiganbowbender
michiganbowbender
Wise Doe

Back to top Go down

Micro Homebrew build Empty Re: Micro Homebrew build

Post by J.K. Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Sweet looking build Cool I have a P41 here, and was thinking of doing that same setup Very Happy How is battery life with 2 AA's?
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Wow thats a small build!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallguy Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm

Very nice!!
Fallguy
Fallguy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganbowbender Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm

J.K. wrote:Sweet looking build Cool I have a P41 here, and was thinking of doing that same setup Very Happy How is battery life with 2 AA's?

I usually get about 350-400 shots on the cameras double AA's Jeff so I expect I should get about twice that many now. Probably a couple of weeks in my situation. The next build will be using the S40 or S600 in a Pelican 1020 case, there's a little more room to work with and I will be adding a pair of C's in that build. Two C's get about twice the life as two AA's, and two D's about twice the life of a pair of C's in my experiences in using these things.
michiganbowbender
michiganbowbender
Wise Doe

Back to top Go down

Post by GHOSTMAN Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Great job MBB. That should produce some seriously sweet images. That S600 if built, will definitely turn them out. Great sneaky cam for sure. Great job on that one.
I enjoy seeing the guys builds. I'm just burnt out from doing Ham radio and computer electronics I don't want to build them. I'll pay you guys to do the super job instead!!
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganbowbender Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks GM.
The 600 is easily my favorite cam. Th picture quality is pretty much unmatched and the flash from it just blows everything else away unless using a slave with a build.
I know exactly what you mean about burnt out, I drove a truck for a living for 30 years, retired from that and some days I don't even care to go out the driveway.....unless it is to check some cams....lol
michiganbowbender
michiganbowbender
Wise Doe

Back to top Go down

Post by GHOSTMAN Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 am

WOW, 30 years! My hats off to you neighbor. I've drove them myself when construction didn't cooperate. Doubles, refer, gas taker, lowboys and teams are what I drove but, not for any longer than 3 years at any time. I had a chauffeur license when I first was able to drive one many years ago in the military and still hold a class PTN now.
I commend you on those years and appreciate your service doing such as much as folks tell me for my military service!! I still have and use my 11 meter radios and a heap of big amplifiers too!

I second the notion on the S600. Jims got that one built for me and on the way. he said those 600's are getting expensive and hard to find now. best grab one up driver!
bounce
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganbowbender Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

30 years sounds like a long time and is, but reflecting back it now it seems less than half that. I was a CH53D helicopter crew chief in the good old USMC back in the day, and between the two I had some quite interesting times...lol
I wish there was available a current model camera that takes 600 quality shots,and has the flash range of the 600, but I don't see anything on the horizon. Seems some take nice day shots but grainey night shots, or the flash is weak and needs a slave to light up the night. But for now it is what it is, and the 600 is much in demand from us who do this stuff.
You'll love the build from Jim, he is top shelf when it comes to building homebrew units for sure !!
michiganbowbender
michiganbowbender
Wise Doe

Back to top Go down

Post by GHOSTMAN Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:33 pm

michiganbowbender wrote:30 years sounds like a long time and is, but reflecting back it now it seems less than half that. I was a CH53D helicopter crew chief in the good old USMC back in the day, and between the two I had some quite interesting times...lol
I wish there was available a current model camera that takes 600 quality shots, and has the flash range of the 600, but I don't see anything on the horizon. Seems some take nice day shots but grainy night shots, or the flash is weak and needs a slave to light up the night. But for now it is what it is, and the 600 is much in demand from us who do this stuff.
You'll love the build from Jim, he is top shelf when it comes to building homebrew units for sure !!

After my 1st hitch in the Army I was trying to jump ship to the AF and re-enlist in Blackhawk school mechanic. I asked the guys in the hanger if they had it to do again what chopper would they stay away from?
1. Cobra - too small and tight to work on.
2. Chinook - A hydraulic nightmare (shouldn't be flying technically)
3. Scout - not too bad.
4. Huey - great but, phasing out because of the Crash hawk coming in
5. Apache - not in the system yet.

The re-enlistment window was a 90 day grace period before your term was up and just as I was eligible all the seats in that class were filled. RRRRRRrrrrrrr. I chose my second choice and something I always wanted to do as a child and that was heavy construction equipment operator. I did that as a primary trade since 1988. I've done some others also during that time too.

Jim is my exclusive builder for my homebrews. You can see that in my cam list in the signature. He does do jam up work and BowGod2, Johnny deer hunter and Egbert Davis are all masters of this art. I just have Jim build them and repair if needed so he see's his work only and doesn't have to follow behind another that had been in there attempting to repair it and messed it up. Easier this way.

The wireless extenders were devised from BowGod2 and Jim helped complete the builds.
I have to agree on the S600 after seeing the pic's from others and talking to Jim about the Turbo Tomahawk he makes. I had him add the trigger mechanism in it so, all I have to do is buy the extender(s) and be ready to rip.

By the way I grew up in Michigan in Oakland Co. Various towns ending up in Rochester Hills then went to West Virginia for a year and joined the Army after that.

From one veteran to another "Semper Fi" - Hoo Ah!
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down