GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rut is here!

3 posters

Go down

The rut is here! Empty The rut is here!

Post by ray12 Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:09 pm

The bucks are moving and I'm seeing allot more action!! Yesterday I was going to hunt my one stand but opted for another stand last second and let my buddy hunt where I originally planned to sit .. I seen 3 bucks within 2 hrs and allot if does to .. I had a coyote kill a groundhog 35 yrds from my stand I shot at the coyote but it was through some thick stuff and my arrow hit a branch that I had not noticed was there !! It was pretty cool to see him get that groundhog!! But my buddy sat in my stand like I said and he had a very nice buck come in that scores around 130' - 140' and he had a 30 yrd chip shot and hit low !! It ended up hitting the leg . Hope he didn't spook the buck off to far !! But it seems that the bucks are on there feet and moving . Hunted almost all week except for 1 day and still no deer on the ground I passed up countless small bucks but I didn't get a chance at a big doe or a nice buck yet. going out again tonight and tomorrow yet to then back to work !
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The rut is here! Empty Re: The rut is here!

Post by ray12 Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:09 pm

seen the droptine buck along with another nice one tonight! To bad they were 20 yrds out of my shooting limit!!

He is a really nice buck!! He didnt know anyone was around so hopefully he will be back out soon!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bryce 21 Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Sweet, sounds like your in the right spot, had a big 10 point almost run into me while I was combing he was not paying attention at all at 2:30 in the afternoon.
Bryce 21
Bryce 21
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Glad you got to see that buck on the hoof. Even if you don't get a shot it's fun just to see him in the daylight, at least it gives you hope for future hunts.

Ehd and last years big gun harvest has destroyed our spots. The bucks are mainly yearlings and there are not alot of them. With gun season less than a month away, I'm worried the buck population may not recover, because gun hunters are not about to lay off the trigger. With unlimitted doe tags the orange army may put a hurting on what's left of the doe population, since the bucks are going to be hard to come by.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Yeah I was definitely glad to see that big guy on hoof!! And it's sounding like your deer population might take a beating!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum