GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Durana White Clover

2 posters

Go down

Durana White Clover  Empty Durana White Clover

Post by ray12 Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:07 am

A friend of mine gave me this bag of Rack Master Wildlife seed , Duarna White Clover , I have no Idea if this stuff is any good or what to do with it !   This is a 5lb bag and it claims that it will cover up to one acre , Can anyone give me any feedback on this stuff or something simular?   and also when and how should I go to plant this stuff ?

Durana White Clover  Img_1411

Thank's !

Galen
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Durana White Clover  Empty Re: Durana White Clover

Post by Sodbuster Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:15 pm

When it first hit the market I planted 4 1/2 acres of it on 3 properties. I will never plant it again for one simple reason. The deer never cared for it. I switched the plots after 4 years of little use to a ladino/alsike/red mix and the deer hammered the plots. I still have a very small 7 year old plot of it that only gets used by groundhogs and rabbits. My expierence with it is in the minority, most people love it. It is slow to establish, so a fall planting will not be used by the deer until next spring. If you plant this spring you will have weed competion if you have not prepared the plot ahead of time. It grows very thick and will choke out other clovers and chicory rather quickly. It is a very heavy bloomer making it very eye appealing. It grows much lower to the grown than other clovers and doesn't need as much mowing. I would wait until the fall to plant it with a cereal rye and brassica mix. You could even wait and frost seed the clover into the plot. You can use a tractor or any method to break ground, or use the method I've posted in other threads without breaking ground. Main thing is to start spraying glysophate now to control the weeds. It's one of the most expensive clovers, it was nice of your friend to give it to you.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:46 pm

Ok thanks for the feed back sodbuster ! Its sure nice to hear from someone who has tried it out ! I will get a spot ready and spray it to controll the weeds ! I hope the deer like it but I guess time will tell ! I will not complain about it for now since I do not have allot of money in the seeds Smile

Thank you again for the feedback Rich !
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down