GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those of you who think deer are dumb.

2 posters

Go down

For those of you who think deer are dumb. Empty For those of you who think deer are dumb.

Post by J.K. Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Theres a guy my dad works with and someone he knows had a story to tell about a buck he saw while he was hunting last week.

There was a really nice buck that went to a mineral site every evening. They were guessing he was in the upper 170's - low 180's. Always at the same time, and always in broad daylight. The mineral site was on the edge of a small food plot. They decided they were going to try and setup to get him. Early in the afternoon they went in and hung some stands and sat in them that evening. That evening while they were in thier stands the buck came into the edge of the plot same time as he did every evening. The buck was a little more than 1/2 way through the field when he stopped. The buck stood there for a couple minutes, just looking around and listening. The wind was good,and no reason the buck should have been alarmed, but he sensed something wasn't right. Instead of turning and running, the buck walked Backwards taking the exact same path he came in on. Never running. He walked backwards untill he got inside the treeline. Then he stood there looking around and listening for another couple minutes. After that he turned around and walked into the woods. He never blew or ran. Lets just say he doesn't come in that time anymore Sad
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

For those of you who think deer are dumb. Empty Re: For those of you who think deer are dumb.

Post by huntinOH Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:08 pm

I have never seen a deer do this but i wouldnt doubt it!! them ole bucks are real smart !! I bet the hunter was shocked lol
huntinOH
huntinOH
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down