GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Almost happened today!

4 posters

Go down

Almost happened today!  Empty Almost happened today!

Post by ray12 Sat May 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Well todays turkey hunt was almost a success ! We set up on some public land early in the morning and only heard a few birds gobbling waaay off in the distance over a few ridges ! ! And in the area where we are hunting if theres a bird around there gobbling! so by 7:30 we didnt hear see or have any action of any kind and we moved a bit further back to a small food plot on this public land and we peeked over the hill into the plot and there he was ! A big strutter out in the field showing off ! This was a very mature bird ! I'm sure he has seen a few hunters in his days, But we backed down the path a ways and setup for him ! After a few yelps he gobbled and then about 10 mins later he gobbled again within 100 yrds and a few more times as he was coming down the path ! I was wondering where I was going to mount his fan lol but there was a hen back in the field that started yelping and making all kinds of noise and she led him the other way again and then down the back side of the hill ! It was fun just hearing him getting closer and closer ! Thats always the way I like a bird coming in ! Anyways Hopefully I can bag a bird on my next trip out !

My buddy was hunting the other day and somehow set up within 30 yrds of two big long beards that were on the roost ! He said he had no idea if there were birds around or not and when the first gobble of the morning was not even 30 yrds behind him he about had a heart attack! The birds ended up Flying off the roost and walking about 5 yrds right past him and a friend and out to the decoys and they ended up tagging both birds ! I know that would have scared the living daylights out of me having them gobble that close to me !
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Almost happened today!  Empty Re: Almost happened today!

Post by snapper1982 Sun May 04, 2014 2:12 pm

whew man!

snapper1982
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Sun May 04, 2014 7:23 pm

Sound's like a good time!
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by garys Sun May 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Don't get them every time for sure! At least you had some action.

garys
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Mon May 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Thanks guys Hopefully Saturday I can get a bird down !
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down