GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radish works

4 posters

Go down

Radish works Empty Radish works

Post by Sodbuster Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:19 am

Well sorta. Go to land my brother owns yesterday to check cams and the radish we mixed in the bottom plots is mowed off. There are 800 pics on 2 cams and thinking there must be a ton of deer. Instead it's one little doe fawn (who's mom must have been killed) spending all day and night, every day going plot to plot eating them. We even saw her twice while walking. She lives in a little 3 acre area that has food, water, and a salt/mineral lick. May have to call her Annie as in Little Orphan Annie. Maybe this is how you get deer to eat brassica. She'll teach her future fawns and they'll teach theirs starting a cycle. Hope she stays put, so we can protect her from the backporch hunters.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Radish works Empty Re: Radish works

Post by huntinOH Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Thats cool looks like she found a nice place to live Smile care to share any pics of her?
huntinOH
huntinOH
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by LTCKidd Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:49 pm

bust her before your neighbor does at right be fore dark

LTCKidd
Fawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:50 pm

It's gun season now and Annie has stayed put. She now has a button buck staying with her. Don't know if it's her brother reunited or another orphan. Sis-in-law got to watch them for 30 mins eating in the plot Sat while hunting.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluesman Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:28 am

The deer won't even look at my groundhog radishes yet.But they sure like the green beans in my garden that I left dry for seed.Good thing I took in what I needed. Shocked
Bluesman
Bluesman
Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Bluesman wrote:The deer won't even look at my groundhog radishes yet.But they sure like the green beans in my garden that I left dry for seed.Good thing I took in what I needed. Shocked
We have the regular Daikon radish planted. I don't believe they will eat the vegetable itself. They are eating some of my Rape and Turnip tops this year. Only took 9 years for them to start eating brassica. Have some big radish in my garden that I threw in with the crimson clover for a cover crop. I tried some radish and it burned my tongue.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down