GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bowsight LIGHT

4 posters

Go down

Bowsight LIGHT Empty Bowsight LIGHT

Post by ray12 Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Well I have always wanted to buy a one of those lights that fits onto a bow sight but i never have a chance at a deer anyways lol but tonight a deer came in and i was full draw on her and i didnt shoot since i could not see my sight pins!! I could see the deer perfectly but not the pins!! so now im gona go stop being so cheap and buy myself one!! lol anyone know a good place to get them for cheap or should i just buy one at the local archery shop ?
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bowsight LIGHT Empty Re: Bowsight LIGHT

Post by J.K. Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Look what fits on your sight at the local store, because they make different sizes. Once you find 1 that fits remember the make/model then look it up on Ebay. Usually its cheaper there. I have one and IMO its worth it. Just got to get new batteries cause mine died Crying or Very sad
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:49 pm

How long due the batts typically last?
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:36 am

I had a Impact light to go with my Impact sight and didn't care for it. Got the TruGlo Tru-Lite this year and really like it. It comes with different sized adapters to fit various sights. What brand of sight do you have?
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by J.K. Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:54 am

ray12 wrote:How long due the batts typically last?

Can't really tell for sure because I got the sight/sight light used. One time I forgot to turn it off & it was on for almost 2 days, and still went for 1-2 hrs.
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pudgester Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:04 pm

personally, i don't think that they really are that helpful (i've never used one), but from my experience with my compound the problem was not me not seeing the sights,but i couldn't see where they were in my peep, however if i used a kisser button, i would probably look into getting one. Try it out anyway, see how you like it. Also, depending on way sight you have now, you can by just the light if it's compatible with your sight.
pudgester
pudgester
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:11 pm

Sodbuster wrote:I had a Impact light to go with my Impact sight and didn't care for it. Got the TruGlo Tru-Lite this year and really like it. It comes with different sized adapters to fit various sights. What brand of sight do you have?

Well this may sound dumb but im not 100% sure what brand they are, they were on the bow when i bought them and i didnt even check what brand they are lol They are def nothing great and i am planning on buying me something better and i would be willing to spend up to 75.00 on a good sight so any suggestions would be appreciated! I will check out my sights when i got the time and see what brand they are, There not to bad but there not that great eaither! they do there job though!

and pudgester thats why i never really got the light before since i didnt think they would be helpfull but they would have came in handy last night!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:18 pm

When buying sights the best thing to do is go to a place like Bass Pro that has several and compare them. Hold them up in the light to compare pin brightness, some aren't near as bright as others and some have a smaller pin head that's not as easy to see. Most of the sights out there are good quality and you should be able to find a good set from 40-75.00. Best thing is to make your own choice after comparing them, because everyone has different taste in sights. My Impact sight only cost 45.00, the TruGlo Tru-Lite I'm using with it cost in the low 20's, so a sight that comes with a light could save you money.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Thanks for that information!! there is a local archery shop 5 mins down the road and they usually have a few differant sights on hand and i will stop in and see what they have! I dont know if i want to get new sights right in the middle of our hunting season but i guess it doesnt take long to adjust them to my liking if the bow is papertuned!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down