GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once the cam is past the warranty period

Go down

Once the cam is past the warranty period Empty Once the cam is past the warranty period

Post by GHOSTMAN Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:26 pm

I developed internal moisture issues with my corn and that's numeral uno danger so make sure you always address this if it happens. I disassembled the corn and inspected the seal which looked fine so another measure had to be done to resolve it.

I use external power on my corn for better battery life incase one AA battery goes South it doesn't stop operations. Being as I don't utilize the cameras battery wells that was a perfect place for the silica moisture bags. I let the cam dry in the summer sun and I managed to get the drying agents into shape to fit and only inserted them far enough in to be able to pull them out with tweezers in the field. I put the cam back together and checked back next week.

The cam had moisture in it again but, not as bad. The IR had moisture in it only. I took it apart again and had a smaller silica bag and molded it to fit above the IR bulbs. Never had anymore issues since.

5210 opened up for examination
Once the cam is past the warranty period ACORNFOGGEDIRBJPG
Once the cam is past the warranty period ACORNIRBSUNCOVERED
Cut lens filter (deer hear clicking from time to time)
Once the cam is past the warranty period CUTLENSEFILTER
Sensors exposed
Once the cam is past the warranty period ACORNPIRSENSORS
Silica bags in the battery wells / above IRB's
Once the cam is past the warranty period ACORNPIRSENSORS
Once the cam is past the warranty period SILICABAGIDOnce the cam is past the warranty period SILICABAGSTOPSHOT
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down