GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

public land deer

5 posters

Go down

public land deer  Empty public land deer

Post by huntinOH Thu May 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Anyone here hunt deer on public land? The last two seasons i have hunted some on public land and for the most part i seen deer almost every day but theres nothing but woods and a few hundred acres of it so its hard to pattern the deer !

But i noticed that if you set up where a few hills come together that the deer will naturall funal down to you .. .. i have seen some nice deer but have never got the chance at a buck!!

But hopefully soon i can have my private land deer hunting back!! I think that private land is the way to go but i have not been able to find a farm worth hunting!! and if a farms got a few deer on it every redneck will be there Angry head bashing

So do any of you guys hunt at all on public land? and where are good places to set up on them ?

huntinOH
huntinOH
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

public land deer  Empty Re: public land deer

Post by BEAST Thu May 24, 2012 6:47 pm

We have the National Wildlife Refuge around here. It is adjoined to our property. It is mostly swamp but was once and apple orchard and the does thrive down there. I have only seen one other hunter on that property while i was hunting. Looking for the feeding places and you'll surely have deer there.
BEAST
BEAST
Shooter Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Thu May 24, 2012 7:46 pm

I hunt some on public land and the best spots are where they eat and bed or there natural travel routes .. .. but if you find a food source or a bedding area you will be seeing allot more deer
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by huntinOH Fri May 25, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks guys I'll have to try what you suggested.. Smile
huntinOH
huntinOH
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by J.K. Thu May 31, 2012 4:12 pm

I have never hunted on public land. I've always hunted in places where we've had to lease or ask the landowner to hunt on it. And your right huntinOH about (if theres some deer on a farm theres gonna be people all over it) There was a place where me my dad, and a couple of his cousins used to hunt that had some monster bucks. Word got around that there were some nice buck on the property where we were hunting, and next thing ya know there are tons of people everywhere. It's basically like public land now. Most people don't even ask to go onto his property anymore, they just drive up and go into the woods and hunt.
I would actually rather hunt on public land than on that property now. One time during Gun Season there were at least 4-5 people hunting within 150-200yrd radius of each other. We lease and rent a house on the property I hunt on now. We have 200 acres to hunt on and we are the only ones that hunt on it. If our landowner hunted we probably wouldn't have any land to hunt on.
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Thu May 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Once that many people hunt on a small section of land its not safe during the gun season!

bow season is differant but i wouldnt want to be gun hunting on there with that many people!!
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by J.K. Thu May 31, 2012 10:31 pm

No kiding. The neighboring property no one hunts on so the deer flock over there mrgreen
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pudgester Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:48 pm

Don't have much woods on our land so i hunt mostly on friends land or public land. It's okay except for the fact that there's other people there sometimes. Mad
pudgester
pudgester
Spike Buck

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Theres nothing wrong with public land !! actually around here theres more people on private land then there is on public land ..
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down