GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Started to step on a groundhog!

2 posters

Go down

Started to step on a groundhog! Empty Started to step on a groundhog!

Post by Sodbuster Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:42 pm

My crazy year of wildlife encounters continues. I was walking across a clover plot with a 5 gallon bucket of water in one hand and a can a corn in the other, not paying any attention to where I was walking, when all of a sudden I realized I was about to step down on a full grown groundhog. This stupid thing was just laying flat on the ground like a cat does thinking he was hid I guess. I asked him what the heck he was doing and he laid there motionless. I dumped my water and corn and went back to see if he was maybe dead or sick, but he'd left. Glad I saw him just in time, otherwise I'm sure 255 lbs stepping down on him would have resulted in me getting bit. Have never gotten closer than 70yds from one in a plot before they ran off. The animals on my place have lost their minds!!!
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Started to step on a groundhog! Empty Re: Started to step on a groundhog!

Post by ray12 Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Lol usually they run as soon as they see or hear me !! They can get mad and im sure there bite wouldnt have felt good ha
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down