GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antler Growth

3 posters

Go down

Antler Growth Empty Antler Growth

Post by BEAST Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:08 pm

Wondering what some of yall experienced hunters on here have to say about these two pictures i got. Roughly a month apart, i got these pictures of what i think is the same deer. Tell me if you think the same. I have heard that older deer have slower, later antler growth, Is this true? Also what kind of potential does this deer have with it being late in the growing season. Thanks, BEASTAntler Growth Tcga2010Antler Growth Tcsb_210
BEAST
BEAST
Shooter Buck

Back to top Go down

Antler Growth Empty Re: Antler Growth

Post by J.K. Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Brows, mass, and face look similar. Could be the same deer. Do you have a pic of him looking up anytime, like in the 2nd pic, but from a month ago?
As far as older bucks having slower antler growth, i think it's actually the opposite, or at least here. My older bucks seem to grow thier antlers faster than the 1, 2, & 3yr olds. Could also maybe just depend on your area..

Good to see ya postin again mrgreen 
J.K.
J.K.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Agree with Jeff about antler growth in older bucks. There is still at least a month left in antler growing season here and they will put on alot of growth in that final month. That buck in the last pic will be arrow worthy come fall.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down