GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would be a good camera?

2 posters

Go down

What would be a good camera? Empty What would be a good camera?

Post by ray12 Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I want to add another camera to my small collection lol Just trying to get a few opinions on what you would get I dont want to spend allot of money mabey 100.00 tops I would love to have a homebrew but good luck trying to find one for that price lol do any of you have any suggestions on a good camera for the money? i also want something that will last awhile. Thanks.
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

https://gjhunting.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What would be a good camera? Empty Re: What would be a good camera?

Post by Sodbuster Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 pm

The white flash Moultrie L-50 (54.00) has become my favorite cam. The sensor is awesome and wider than fov. I have not seen or felt it missed a pic. I know the review claims a slow trigger, but my cams take pics of moving deer not a computer screen. My L-50 is on a water trough, but the deer travel back and forth behind it at different distances all night. On 2-shot burst my first pic will be a head and front shoulder and the 2nd pic will be a deer centered or just a little past center. It pics up deer out to 60ft. Have more on the way for x-mas gifts. For an ir cam I like the looks of the Moultrie d55irxt for 72.00 on ebay. Pics look as bright as the m80 and I plan on replacing the Wgi cams with it when they ultimately die. I'm not one who believes in spending or believes trailcams should cost alot. 130 is as high as I'll go and try to stay under 100. Cheap moultries have always lasted at least 3 years for me running 24/7.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks for letting me know about that camera!! 54.00 sounds like a great price IMO. gona have to check it out!! whats the battery life on the cam? and anyone else know of any good cams? I would like to have a white flash camera but I also like the idea of an IR cam that takes night time vids.

Thanks
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:54 pm

I've not ran it on internals alone long enough to know batt life (have it hooked to the moultrie power panal), but it's in the 2-3 month range on 6 c batts. Moultrie has it rated to get the same battery life as the d-55 which I get 3 months with it, but would never buy another d-55.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by ray12 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:05 pm

checked out the review on Chasing game and the cam looks pretty good IMO Might get one Smile
ray12
ray12
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sodbuster Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:47 pm

Can no longer recommend the L-50. The one I recieved for x-mas has half the flash range of the one I got in Aug, the pics are not near as good and have a greenish look to them. My brother got one also and it's taking the same kind of pics. Guessing Moultrie changed something in them. Has the same great sensor, but I don't like the pics. The L-50 had become my favorite. Wish companies made more white flash cams.
Sodbuster
Sodbuster
Giant Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down