GJ Hunting Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slow down a thief camera security system

2 posters

Go down

Slow down a thief camera security system Empty Slow down a thief camera security system

Post by GHOSTMAN Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:56 pm

I decided to do some detailed work for those who need the lockable devices for their cams and the removal tools the thieves will use to remove what you've worked so hard to buy and enjoy.

This example uses:
1. Ltl Acorn 5210 steel lock box.
2. Master Lock #40 lock
3. 3' 1" jaw bolt / lock cutter
4. 3' flat edge / curved crow bar

As you see in the picture with the steel box opened those center holes for lag bolts are a good idea but, are no match for a crow bar wedged behind it and pried away from the tree. It will be tough but can be done. Tree material will add to the ease or difficulty of the pry time involved.

The #40 lock will prevent the 1" jaw bolt cutter from getting a hold on the locking mechanism to cut it. Use a hanging lock and this is like a walk in the park for a thief.

The thief doesn't care about cosmetics (lock box) by being ginger with it. That's just an area for him to destroy to get to the goods. Sometimes I don't even think they care about the cam and just want to steal something to be a jerk.

Anyway, all the stuff you incased the cam with is just something to slow them down. Don't think for a minute they won't use items like these to get at your stuff. To them this is free and all profit to them. Engrave your name all over the cam, the deer can't tell cosmetic scratches.

You'll never sell the cam that way but, you'll have to meet the issue somewhere in the middle of the road or be disgruntled everytime when it happens and see your cam later without your name on it and can't prove it. Jot down the serial # too this helps a lot for police identification.

Slow down a thief camera security system Acornopenwithlock
Slow down a thief camera security system MASTER40LOCK
Slow down a thief camera security system LOCKONACORN
Slow down a thief camera security system CROWBARANDBOLTCUTTERS
Slow down a thief camera security system 3ATTHEHANDLE
Slow down a thief camera security system ONEINCHJAWS
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Slow down a thief camera security system Empty Re: Slow down a thief camera security system

Post by NantucketShedHunter Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:15 pm

Good information. Do you know if a shrouded lock will work on all the Cam Lock Boxes?
NantucketShedHunter
NantucketShedHunter
Giant Typical

http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Slow down a thief camera security system Empty Re: Slow down a thief camera security system

Post by GHOSTMAN Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:43 pm

NantucketShedHunter wrote:Good information. Do you know if a shrouded lock will work on all the Cam Lock Boxes?

No I don't brah. I bet Rick (CAMO) would have a better knowledge of that being a seller of goods and all. Sorry I can't answer that one directly.
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by NantucketShedHunter Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks, cap. I'm going to try a shrouded lock. Anything to slow the $on$ of bitche$ down and make them think of moving on.
Having a cam stolen from me makes me think about how and where to put my cams now. I lay awake at night thinking about it.
I still, for the life of me, cannot understand how a man can steal another man's camera.

NantucketShedHunter
NantucketShedHunter
Giant Typical

http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GHOSTMAN Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 pm

[quote="NantucketShedHunter"]Thanks, cap. I'm going to try a shrouded lock. Anything to slow the $on$ of bitche$ down and make them think of moving on.
Having a cam stolen from me makes me think about how and where to put my cams now. I lay awake at night thinking about it.
I still, for the life of me, cannot understand how a man can steal another man's camera.

=Verdana]The reason you can't understand it SH is because you have Character. Here's a post on A.T. that would slow a SOB down. I'd just buy some cheap Tasco's (as the take pic's pretty darn clear too)and post them as security cams watching the best ones. Camo those severely outa site enough to see the cam only. The cam costs less than all this steel he acquired. That thing would be cumbersome and not be worth it to me. Thieves need their hands cut off when convicted!! http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1329068
GHOSTMAN
GHOSTMAN
Giant Non-Typical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down